Sunday, January 16, 2011

2's & 3's What You See Is What You Get

Once a month my daughter and I are blessed to be able to watch the 2 and 3 year olds during morning worship hour.
Of course, there is NEVER a dull moment what with all the different personalities and noses to blow and bathroom needs!
But I love that hour spent with those children. Most of them call me Papa because they've heard my granddaughter call me by that name. I don't mind! I'd be proud to be "Papa" to any and all of them.
Today we had 8 in the class. We also had a couple of mom's to stay and help out!

In no particular order, there is Bella... a very petite little girl who is oh so cute! She was the FIRST today, to come and climb up in my lap. She just wanted to sit and watch the others play for a minute or two and then she was down and joining in the play. She came back a little later to be held again.
Wyatt is the only boy who didn't sit on my lap today. He is such a busy little guy and keeps himself entertained.
Then there was Halynn (not sure of the spelling). She is SO cute and just steals my heart! She sat on my lap for just a minute, but mostly wanted my daughter. In fact I heard her tell Christie, "I want you!"
Then there's Luke! I call him Mr. Luke and he just smiles. As soon as Bella climbed in my lap, he decided he wanted to be held too, so he came and held up his arms and I had two on my lap for a while! I don't mind! I'm in my element!I love kids!
Then there is Miss Maddie Moo! The minute she sees me come in she starts working her way around to me. She's not much of a one for being held, but she climbed up in my lap for just a bit. She loves for me to pick at her and she'll hide behind my chair until I ask, "Where's Maddie? I know she's here somewhere." She'll peek around the chair and not say a word. She's adorable!
Today was only the second or third time I have seen Shayla in the class and she surprised me by coming and holding up her arms wanting me to hold her. She has a head full of beautiful curls and beautiful eyes. What a darling!
Lelah Grace and her momma came in and Lelah stuck really close to mom! Lelah is another one that is just adorable.
Last, but not least was Landon! He also surprised ne by coming and climbing up in my lap. He wanted to inspect the ink pen in my pocket! Then he looked at his shirt and said, "No pockets!" We talked about the fact that he didn't have ANY pockets on his shirt or his pants. He'd ask, "You have pockets?" I'd say, "Yep, I've got pockets." He'd point to his shirt and say, "NO pockets!", and then he'd laugh as though that was just really funny! What a cute little guy!

What a privilege to share an hour with these little ones! Each with their own personality and character. Some are busy, some laid back and some very reserved, but they all are precious and special!

1 comment:

His Doorkeeper said...

Don't you love that each precious child has their own God-given personality and we just get to watch that little personality expand and grown! i love all the little children ( and big ones too) in our church and consider myself blessed to be able to keep them during the worship hour! Just think of the blessings those are missing who do not keep the nursery!!

I think it's the best way to get to know the parents too!