Friday, February 25, 2011

A Pushover?.... Me?.... HA!


Me... a pushover? Ha! I can "NO" and make it stick! I can be tough as nails and hard as steel in my resolve!
It's just..... when my granddaughter, Abigail, looks at me with those liquid brown eyes and that "pout" on those perfect little lips and gets that hint of "I'm about to cry" tremble in her voice....... well, stick a fork in me... I'm DONE!

That's how it came to be that I'll be spending the night with her AT HER HOUSE tonite! When I FINALLY gave in, ;) you should have seen the smile on that little face! I mean, come on... we live SO FAR apart (about fifty feet between our houses) and we only see each other every day! So I couldn't very well say "NO", could I?

The last time I spent the night at her house, she was about three months old. Her mom insisted that I take her bed, she would sleep on the couch and Ab's would be at the OTHER END of the house in her own bedroom. I wanted Ab's to sleep with me, but her momma wouldn't hear of it! Something about starting something we couldn't stop or some such nonsense!!

Well, her monitor was on, so I gave in and went to bed without her. About three a.m. there was this "blood curdling" scream over the monitor!! I jumped out of bed to run down the hall to Abbi's room, only to collide with her mommma who was moving at warp speed in the same direction! We rushed into Abbi's room to find.....................
Abbi... sleeping peacefully on her tummy, her little arms and legs drawn up under her and her little bottom stuck up in the air! Her favorite postion for sleeping!
She was SO sweet, lying there sleeping like a ..... well.... like a BABY!

After watching her sleep for a bit, we returned to our own place to sleep. I didn't sleep much after that and if truth be known, neither did her momma! There were no other hair raising events throughout the nite.

Can I take just a moment to say what a great job her momma is doing in raising her? She is one of the very best momma's I know.

Well, back to the coming event tonite. I get to sleep in Abbi's room tonite! Abbi said so!! She said, "Papa, it's gonna be SO much fun! Just like camping out at the Buffalo River"!!

I could have said, "NO". But why would I?

And....... I'm still no "Pushover!"

No comments: